Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Open for MNLI 13
Digital Texts & Tools
DT&T Required Registration
Digging Deeper Sessions
Online Collaborative Inquiry
Online Reading Comprehension
Online Content Construction
People of the Institute
Content Development Team
Teacher Leader Team
Team Projects 2012
Admin and Higher Ed
New Massachusetts Curriculum Framework
Local Restaurant Recommendations
Location: Microsoft Center / Parking
New Literacies Resources
MNLIvideos YouTube Channel
2011 MA New Literacies Institute
2010 MA New Literacies Institute
The Original New Literacies Institute
DT&T Required Registration
Tools that require registration
-- Turn your photos, video clips, and music into stunning video masterpieces to share with everyone. Fast, free, and shockingly easy! Sign up for a free account or compare plans and pricing
-- Animated movies made easy! Register for a free Basic account, or compare plans and pricing
- You can sign up and start adding your own "sounds" before we start for the week. Take a look at possible Ed uses
- Create an Evernote account. Download and install Evernote on your
, on your
, on your
(iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), on your
. You might as well download
for all of these devices as well and use your Evernote account info also.
Google Docs and Google Forms
- If you have a Google or GMail account, you already have access to Google Docs/Forms. If you don't, you can create an account with any email address.
is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets. Download the app for "I" devices and the Android. Bookmark for laptops. Create a teacher account.
Apply for a free educator account. Can be upgrade for a fee at a later date.
- Readability removes the clutter that surrounds online articles. It also allows you save an article to read in the future. Please download the free Readability browser add-on or app if you are going to use an iPad.
- Natural Reader is a free online reader for the PC or Mac. It will read PDF files and has a floating bar so students may be on a website and have it read to them. Please install the free version of Natural Reader.
- Easel.ly allows you to "create and share visual ideas online." They provide vhemes (visual themes) that allow you to "drag and drop a vheme onto your canvas for easy creation of your visual idea! You will need to register for a free account to be able to create an infographic.
- You may want to create an account at Symbaloo. This tool will be used as a teaching tool during the Institute. It allows you to create a WebMix and share it publicly or privately. A WebMix is essentially a visual bookmark of websites.
Visual Ranking Tool
- You will need to create a user name and log-in for the Intel Teaching Thinking with Technology Tools. The Visual Ranking tool allows students to ‘Identify and refine criteria for assigning a ranking to a list. Then debate differences, reach consensus, and organize ideas.” Your log-in will also give you the ability to use two additional tools: Showing Evidence and Seeing Reason.
- allows you make images come alive with music, videos and any web content. You will need to create a user name and password for ThingLink. Please choose the free account. We will be able to provide you with a code after you create your account that will upgrade your account to a Plus account (the code will give you the Plus account for one year).
- you need to create an EDUCATOR account for Glogster. Currently there is one free account, the individual teacher account- which can be found in the middle section of the page under the paid options. This is sufficient for our work at the Institute, a paid account will allow you to have student accounts linked to your account.
- Sign up for the free educator account. You may want to add the "BeeClipper" add-on to your browser.
Both Show Me and ScreenChomp have login options but are not necessary for our work at the Institute. If you are interested in these apps, please "purchase" them from the iTunes store and sync them to your iPad.
- Sign up for the free Pixton Fun account. There is a Pixton School account for a fee with features that would allow teachers to create student accounts linked to the teacher account, but the free account is sufficient for most projects.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"